1. Recognize: The is the step where we see that we've sinned and we're out of a relationship with God.
2. Repent: When we agree with God about our sin and confess to him
3. Rethrone: The mental action of putting Christ back in the center of our lives, because sin pushes him out.
4. Replace: Understanding that we've go to put something else there or the sin comes right back. Working on a memory verse that deals with sin, or even getting your mind busy with prayer or good works help.
5. Rejoice: You need to stop and realize our relationship with God is unbelievably sweet and not forget to rejoice in the fact.
6. Remember: Keeping these good thoughts in mind as we move through each day.
7. Repeat: Repeating the process again and again as often as needed.
I was reading about this in a book and it surprised me a little. I though it might help to get closer to God in seven steps. It might take a while to remember all this, and it might be pretty hard to do at first; but hopefully it will help to remember God in the hard and easy times and rejoice him always.